You know, it goes without saying that Peter Molyneux is an ambitious man. When the first Fable came to the masses, we were promised a whole hell of a lot. Fable delivered on… about 40% of it. With Fable 2, Molyneux promises to deliver on the other 60%.
For better or worse.
Fable 2 will let you play as either a male or female hero, and this time you may very well be able to get yourself (or your lovely wife, if you play as a guy) pregnant. This means you can have a child, and I don’t know about you, but the idea of having a baby is certainly a buzzkill when all I want to do is run around fighting evil and baggin’ every broad in the kingdom.
But you better make sure you and/or your lady are clean, because you can also get STDs. Yes, STDs.
Now I don’t know about you but personally, the idea of getting STDs in my video game just kind of creep me out. Then again, if we are to move forward in the world of interactive media, we have to take the good with the bad. I guess.
Now remember, last time Fable wasn’t able to meet the expectations that were set for it — it was so short, in fact, that Molyneux himself apologized for the lackluster title. But, with more than a year to finish the title, I hold out hope that he may finally pull through.