Yes. I am a Tetris nerd. I scoured 3 Wal-Mart’s the night that “Tetris Evolution” came out. Within a few days I had obtained 1000/1000 achievement points (still the only 360 game I have done this with). I lurk the forums over at TetrisConcept.com. I am even on the fence of buying a Nintendo DS just for that damn Tetris game! (Zelda DS is helping push that buy). Even with the terrible terrible terrible (terrible) d-pad that the Xbox 360 has, Tetris Splash is an instant buy. For all you old school Tetrinet players on PC’s back in the day (oh those IRC days), it is looking like there finally might be a near equivalent of that coming to the Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday at 9am EST, yes, I will set my alarm clock so I can buy it, and no, I am not kidding. Taking the multiplayer mode of Tetris to a new level with the addition of teams, I honestly can’t wait for this. The details from Xbox.com are as follows:
- Modes of play: Three different modes of play including Tetris, T-Spin, and Combo, plus a unique screensaver mode.
- Multiplayer: Playable solo, competitively or in teams, with an online multiplayer mode via Xbox LIVE® for up to six players.
- New twists: New, enhanced graphics, and beautiful aquatic backscapes add a real splash to the fun of Tetris.
- Content and themes: Exciting downloadable content will be made available including themes and background aquatic creatures.
- Achievements: Twelve new achievements to master and conquer.
, , , , , ,